10 AMPERE In-line wireable appliance RCD safety switch 30 MilliAmp trip leakage current trips in less than a heatbeat, less than a tenth of a second! USUALLY $55!
The Key Advantages Of Using Wireable RCD's or Safety Switches With Cleaning Equipment
The safety switch can't be lost, as it's always part of the equipment, and each time it's plugged in, it has to be re-set, an extra reminder that it's operating correctly! It protects ALL users, the careful and careless!!
Most specifically when working with swing floor polishers such as the Polivac PV25 swing polisher
It allows the use of the appliance where power points are on LOW skirting boards.
Switches off the electrical appliance should it, or the protected cable leak electric current to earth before it can give the operator or people touching the machine an electric shock strong enough to disrupt the hearts rhythm.
Easy “How-to-use” Instructions are printed on the RCD, so they're always at hand.
RCDs or Residual Current Devices are commonly referred to as "safety switches" are electrical safety devices designed to immediately switch off the supply of electricity when electricity leaking to earth is detected before it rises to a harmful level. RCDs offer high levels of personal protection from electric shock.
Requirements for Residual Current Devices
From 1st January 2013, new legal requirements for RCDs in SOME Australian states and territories will apply to workplaces where portable, or "plug in" electrical equipment, that is, electrical equipment supplied with electricity from a socket outlet, usually called a GPO, such as vacuum cleaners and floor polishers etc. are used in the following operating environments.
- Electrical equipment is exposed to operating conditions that are likely to result in damage to the electrical equipment, (or a reduction in its expected lifespan) including conditions that involve exposure to moisture, heat, vibration, mechanical damage, corrosive chemicals or dust.
- Electrical equipment is moved between different locations, in circumstances where damage to the equipment or to a flexible electricity supply cord is reasonably likely.
- Electrical equipment is frequently moved during it's normal use.
- In-line burnishers and swing floor polishers
- Carpet extraction and restoration machines.
- Electrically operated pressure cleaners and pressure washers.
- Steam cleaning equipment.
- Electrically operated floor scrubbers.
- Timber floor sanding equipment.
- Wet and dry vacuum cleaners.
SAFETY WARNING! All electrical parts should ONLY be fitted by an electrically COMPETENT person.
As it's very light, maximise the saving on postage and buy several Puregiene toilet rolls a box of Tissues and some soap or maybe some packets of dustbags, or a hose or a new floor tool, or some other accessories!
At the moment, standard postage within Australia is capped at a maximum of $20!